- What you’ll need:
- Sweater template (at the bottom of this post!)
- Red or cardstock
- Christmas craft pom poms
- Jingle bells
- Christmas stickers
… you can find most of these items at the Dollar Store! They also make great advent calendar treasures and then do this craft in the first week!
- Draw a sweater or trace the sweater template (at bottom of post) on your cardstock of choice. You can also just print the template directly on to the cardstock and then just cut the sweaters out. If you don’t have have construction paper, your children can colour or paint the template and then cut it out!
- We recommend putting all of the supplies in a tray with separate compartments for easy access- but you don’t have to!
- Use your imagination! That’s right, it’s as easy as that. Let your children explore their imagination and create their best Ugly Christmas Sweater!
- To make these a special ornament for the tree or a garland, hole punch a hole at the top of the left shoulder and tie some ribbon on it. These would make cute gift tags for parent or grand parent presents!
This is an easy craft for children of all ages- just watch little bits around little mouths! You can also use this technique for gingerbread men and snowflakes!
Enter our Ugly Christmas Sweater contest online for a chance to win a Christmas bundle!